Our Grade A*
system can provide the following benefits:
A recent study by BECTA revealed that over two thirds of parents would like
schools to use technologies such as text messaging and the internet to
communicate more frequently. Currently only 8% use these methods with only 2%
using text messaging.
In the FAB SMS for Schools Text Messaging System you receive all the following products and services. Details are as follows:
- A multi user license of our popular FAB SMS Addin for Microsoft Outlook
- Send SMS directly from MS Outlook
- Send to large groups of recipients simultaneously
- Use existing Outlook contacts to send messages
- User defined message templates
- Message compression (replaces certain words with Text Speak)
- Access to Web SMS.
- Send and receive SMS from a web browser anywhere anytime
- Online SMS inbox
- Online SMS contact list
- Schedule SMS for anytime
- Create and maintain distribution lists at the class, year or any other category
- Send SMS to single parent or group of parents using distribution lists.
- Send to mobile, landlines or both simultaneously
- A dedicated UK geographic number to receive SMS messages
- Your SMS geographic number doubles as a virtual fax also, allowing any fax sent to
this number to be converted to an email and delivered to your office email
- SMS Keyword Software management software
- Respond to keywords contained within inbound SMS Text messages
- Forward SMS Text Messages to another mobile or group of mobiles (To a Teacher’s mobile or to
all Governors for example)
- Forward SMS to email
- Configure to save inbound text messages to an online SMS inbox
- Collect mobile numbers and automatically build up distribution lists
- Send a SMS Autoresponse to a given keyword
- Notify parents of school closue in event of power cut even if all computers are down.
- Roughly 1500 included Text Messages to start sending straight away, with ability to purchase more at
a reduced rate.
- Advice, assistance & help to initially import your contact list into our Web
- User Manual1
- Free Email, Telephone & SMS technical support
*** Additional Bonus software ***
Due to the way our systems are set up one user will also receive the following
- Text1066 – SMS on demand service
- Get random quotes by Text Message, quotes can be bible proverbs, the analects of
Confucius, word of the day etc. (Could be useful for inspiration as a theme for
All prices quoted are in Pounds Stirling GBP and subject to VAT at
20% for Purchases within the EU.
Price per SMS are the same for all destinations countries/networks. The
following exception apply:
- Extra interconnect fee of GBP 5p for each SMS terminated in the following
countries: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Luxembourg, Netherlands,
Spain, Switzerland, Iran, Italy, Palau, Portugal.
- Extra interconnect fee of GBP 1.8p for each SMS terminated in the
following countries: Australia, Hungary, Indoesia, USA, Yemen
- Extra interconnect fee of GBP 0.8p for each SMS terminated in the
following countries: United Kingdom, South Korea, Tonga
- Depending on the size of the message vCard and vCal messages may cost 2,3 or 4
A complete list of SMS prices by country can be found here.
Typical price per message when sending to UK based networks:
11.8p (inc VAT) Professional 6.8p (ex VAT)
Important: FAB SMS for Schools is classed as professional SMS account so UK pricing will be 6.8p per message.
Lower message costs are achievable by purchasing larger message blocks. Message prices will not be higher that 6.8p regardless of quantities purchased in the future.
There are two ways to obtain FAB SMS for Schools either purchasing online or submitting a purchase order. To purchase online click on the buy buttons above choosing your desired edition and complete the checkout process. To acquire the system using a purchase order click the button below and follow the intructions presented.
On completion of your
purchase we will contact you to get your preference for your dedicated inbound
SMS/Fax number which you can choose yourself from a selection of millions and
provide you all the details you need to start sending & receiving SMS.
Typically you should be able to start sending SMS within an hour or so of
Open to all UK schools is a FREE 30 day trial of our innovative Text Messaging system for contacting parents, staff & suppliers.
To start your FREE trial follow these three easy steps:
|Step 1: Create a new account|
Click the "Sign up" button below to create a FREE standard SMS sending account.
|Step 2: Request FREE trial.|
Logon to your account and request the free trial option.
|Step 3: Await confirmation|
FAB staff will validate your request and activate your 30 day free trial, sending you confirmation and details on how to access your account.
The free trial of FAB SMS for Schools is the complete and full version of our product with just a few restrictions. Only one designated mobile number can Text in and receive autoresponses, the free trial will make use of a shared geographic number so inbound FAX service will not be available.
For more information about the use of Text Messaging Systems in schools take a look at the following resources (these are links to external websites):
| || FAB SMS for Schools Datasheet - Download a printer friendly datasheet in Adobe PDF format containing latest information, features and purchasing options for the FAB SMS for Schools system.|
Although not included in this edition the following features are scheduled for development and will appear soon.
- Time sensitive keywords (respond differently based on time of day or day of the week)
- SIMS integration
- Enhanced delivery reports and summaries
- Email To SMS
- After school club autoresponse manager
- Outlook Mobile service integration
- vCal and Appointment reminder system
- Network Lookup (data cleansing)
- Mobile location detector
1) A dedicated school user manual is currently in development and will be made available as soon as
possible. Existing WebSMS & Outlook SMS manuals are available